Que Sera Sera



When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother, 'What will I be?
'Will I be pretty?
'Will I be rich?'
Here's what she said to me:

'Que sera, sera,
'Whatever will be, will be;
'The future's not ours to see.
'Que sera, sera,
'What will be, will be.'

When I was just a little boy,
I asked my mother, 'What will I be?
'Will I be handsome?
'Will I be rich?'
Here's what she said to me:

'Que sera, sera,
'Whatever will be, will be;
'The future's not ours to see.
'Que sera, sera,
'Whatever will be, will be.

There are times when I am so scared about the future. The same thing happened to me for previous days, I was so scared of this trimester. I was afraid I couldnt finish my project well. I was afraid that there would be at least one subject to resit. If that happens, I have to extend for another one year to graduate. During night time, when everybody was sleeping, I kept thinking about those things. Thinking what I should do and how I prevent such things happen. But i still concern whether what if all of the plans are screwed up. All of those days, I just thought about 'what if'. It's yesterday when I saw the advertisement above and realized that I shouldnt have to bother about what the future will be. Que Sera Sera. Whatever will be, will be. If I am able to get what I plan so far, then so be it. It's not my job to predict the future. It's Allah's. All I need to do now is do the best. And how about what will happen next? I just let Allah handle the rest. He knows the best for my future though. And dont forget that He will send angels descend upon them who pray to Him as He said in these verses:

إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ قَالُواْ رَبُّنَا ٱللَّهُ ثُمَّ ٱسۡتَقَـٰمُواْ تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيۡهِمُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕڪَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُواْ وَلَا تَحۡزَنُواْ وَأَبۡشِرُواْ بِٱلۡجَنَّةِ ٱلَّتِى كُنتُمۡ تُوعَدُونَ (٣٠) نَحۡنُ أَوۡلِيَآؤُكُمۡ فِى ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا وَفِى ٱلۡأَخِرَةِ‌ۖ وَلَكُمۡ فِيهَا مَا تَشۡتَهِىٓ أَنفُسُكُمۡ وَلَكُمۡ فِيهَا مَا تَدَّعُونَ (٣١)

Lo! those who say: Our Lord is Allah, and afterward are upright, the angels descend upon them, saying: Fear not nor grieve, but hear good tidings of the paradise which ye are promised. (30) We are your protecting friends in the life of the world and in the Hereafter. There ye will have (all) that your souls desire, and there ye will have (all) for which ye pray. (31) -- QS. Fussilat : 30-31

When I feel down or am scared of something which is yet to happen, then I just need to read this post again. So that I am aware that thinking of those stuffs are just a waste.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It is my pleasure to get your best respond through your comment

Quotes of the Day

Recent Comments

Followers

Shev's bookshelf: read

OutliersKetika Cinta Bertasbih5 cmLaskar PelangiSang PemimpiEdensor

More of Shev's books »
Shev Save's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists